Fig. [ A ]
ISRES’ 2020 Image (Logo) – Design and Meaning
The imagotype or Logo of the ISRES’ 2020 is composed of an abstract graphic code (Fig. A). As a whole image, the designer took in consideration the representation of the following renewable energies:
- For the Wind energy symbol: the abstraction of the wind was represented by a soft wavy line (see Fig. B, located at the end of these paragraphs),
- For the Geothermal energy symbol: the abstraction of the Earth and rocks was represented with a triangular wave line (see Fig. B),
- For the Hydraulic energy symbol: the abstraction of the water was represented by means of a wavy line of short frequency (see Fig. B),
- For the Solar energy symbol: the abstraction of the Sun was represented by using a solid pattern of concentric circles (see Fig. B), and
- For the Bioenergy symbol: the abstraction of a natural crop was represented by straight lines crisscrossed diagonally (see Fig. B).
The colors used navy
were associated with seriousness, tranquillity, ecology, and nature. The union of both colours in the imagotype generates a visual contrast without leaving behind the formality of an International Symposium.
The typeface used is part of the image, which represents innovation that in turn is complemented by the dynamism that is intended to be generated by talking about the diversity of sustainable renewable energies.
Author: Lic. Julio C. López Martínez
Fig. [ B ]